1. Mediation: Coburg Marketing - Tourism Department - mediates tour guides to interested individual guests and groups with the diligence of a prudent businessman. Contractual partners of such a tour are the customer on the one hand and the tour guide on the other. All contractual relationships are regulated between these two partners in accordance with the following points.
2. Order: Coburg Marketing arranges guided tours with trained guides after prior order. Please place your order in writing no later than 10 days before the desired tour date so that we can confirm your order. Orders placed at shorter notice will be arranged in all conscience without guarantee of performance.
3. Service description, remuneration: As of July 2022, the following conditions apply for guided tour fees:
a) Prices for German-speaking tours per tour guide / group / hours:
2 hours 80.00 Euro
3 hours 105.00 Euro
4 hours 125.00 Euro
each additional hour or part thereof: + 20.00 Euro
Entrance fees are not included in the fee (see 10.).
b) Prices for foreign language tours per tour guide / group as under a) and c): + 10.00 Euro
c) Price for day tours: 190.00 Euro per coach (1 tour guide).
d) There is no minimum number of participants for city tours and other guided tours, however, a group size of 15 persons per tour guide may not be exceeded. For guided tours, one tour guide per bus is required (see 11.).
e) The prices do not include value-added tax (VAT). In principle, all details ordered and confirmed in writing are to be paid for.
f) The period for calculating the fee begins at the time agreed in writing for the start of the tour.
4. Waiting time, cancellation: The tour guide is obliged to observe a waiting time of 30 minutes from the agreed time of the start of the tour. After 30 minutes, the tour guide is free to continue waiting or to consider the group as not having arrived (see 6.).
5. Changes in case of late arrival: In the event of late arrival of the guests to be guided, it must be agreed between them and the tour guide whether the tour should be shortened accordingly or whether - if the tour guide does not have to fulfil other obligations - the originally agreed duration of the tour should be adhered to. In the latter case, the fee shall be calculated based on the period consisting of the waiting time and the actual duration of the guided tour (see 3.).
6. Cancellation: If an ordered guided tour is not taken without cancellation having been sent to Coburg Marketing at least two working days before the agreed date and during our office hours, a cancellation fee of 100 % of the agreed fee will be charged. If the duration of the tour has not yet been determined, the cancellation fee shall be 100 % of the amount for 2 hours duration. To avoid misunderstandings and for organisational reasons, it is strongly recommended to declare the cancellation in writing.
7. Payment method, handling fee: Unless otherwise agreed, the fee is to be paid in cash to the tour guide by the customer or his/her representative immediately after the end of the tour. A receipt or invoice will be issued upon request.
8. Restrictions: The person ordering a guided tour acknowledges that parts of Coburg have been converted into a pedestrian zone and are closed to general motor vehicle traffic, meaning that the tour can only be undertaken on foot. The customer also acknowledges that at certain times sights cannot be visited or that the tour may be disrupted (e.g. weekly market, international samba festival etc.). The tour guide will offer alternatives at his discretion, unless the customer expresses specific, feasible wishes. The customer agrees to this.
9. Meeting point, additional services: The meeting point for city tours is usually the market place or the Anger car park. However, if the customer wishes the tour guide to pick up the group outside the city centre - in the neighbouring district of Coburg - an additional fee of 15.00 Euro is charged.
10. Entrance fees: Any entrance fees valid at the time of the guided tour are to be paid in cash to the tour guide by the customer or his/her representative before the start of the tour for all participants.
11. Group size: A group size of 15 persons per tour guide may not be exceeded. If the group exceeds 15 persons, additional guides must be appointed according to the number of participants. In the event of non-compliance, a surcharge in the amount of the agreed fee will be levied. For guided tours, one tour guide per bus is required (see 3.d).
12. Liability: Coburg Marketing acts only as an intermediary. In this respect, any liability for damages is excluded. The tour guide shall only be liable in the event of gross negligence or wilful misconduct.
13. Acceptance of the terms of contract: The person ordering a guided tour accepts these terms and conditions when placing the order. If he/she does not become aware of these terms and conditions until after the order has been placed, he/she shall accept them unless he/she objects in writing immediately after becoming aware of them.
14. Mediation, entitlement: The mediation of guided tours is governed by the market economy principle of supply and demand. There is no fundamental entitlement to the arrangement of guided tours.
15. Implementation: The tour guide is not bound by instructions with regard to the implementation of his/her tours; in this respect, he/she will orientate himself/herself to the wishes of the guests.
16. Place of jurisdiction: The place of jurisdiction is Coburg.
17. Effective date: These general terms and conditions shall come into effect from July 2022.
A bus is required for certain tours.
Individual tours can be combined with each other. Additional city tours and round trips can be arranged on request.
A maximum group size of 15 persons per tour guide may not be exceeded. For larger groups, additional tour guides must be ordered according to the number of participants. For guided tours, one tour guide per bus is required.
All prices do not include bus costs.
By prior arrangement and in consultation with specially trained tour guides, tours for wheelchair users and visually impaired persons can be arranged in small groups, taking into account the traffic conditions.
Many museums are closed on Mondays! Guided tours of the interior are only possible during opening hours.