The fountain has not been providing water for a long time, because all that can be seen of the former running fountain today is the six-metre-high stone column. In 1691, the chamberlain Wilhelm von Witzleben had the fountain built in the middle of the square in front of the Bürglaßschlösschen. It was renovated in 1843. It was decorated in the style of classicism and the wooden water pipes were replaced by iron ones. As the water fountain became a growing obstacle to traffic, it was moved from the Upper Bürglaß to the Josias Garden in 1904 as part of a redesign of the street, and in 1969 it was placed at the edge of the garden, where it can still be seen today.
On the map
Fountain at the Bürglaß (Brunnen am Bürglaß)