Brunnen im Kleinen Rosengarten

Auf einen Blick

  • Coburg
  • Sehenswertes
The fountain stands against a quarry stone wall that separates the Little Rose Garden from the actual Court Garden. Around 1680, the fountain was installed in the princely pleasure garden, later to become the Court Garden, which was newly laid out under Duke Albrecht. It is the only remaining Coburg ornamental fountain from this period. The stone fountain has a semicircular water bowl. Above it is a relief. It shows a boy boldly pulling the beard of a water god, who then - frowning - spouts water. In the meantime, the fountain serves exclusively as an ornament for the idyllic, adjoining garden; it has not been providing water for a long time.

Auf der Karte

Brunnen im Kleinen Rosengarten
Kleiner Rosengarten
96450 Coburg
Deutschland

Was möchten Sie als nächstes tun?

Sie benutzen offenbar den Internet Explorer von Microsoft als Webbrowser, um sich unsere Internetseite anzusehen.

Aus Gründen der Funktionalität und Sicherheit empfehlen wir dringend, einen aktuellen Webbrowser wie Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera oder Edge zu nutzen. Der Internet Explorer zeigt nicht alle Inhalte unserer Internetseite korrekt an und bietet nicht alle ihre Funktionen.